This site serves as a blog for my pastoral ministry which includes commentary on culture, random topics related to Biblical studies, pastoral ministry, and Christianity in general. The site also serves as an unofficial virtual office for my seminary students and other friends. The goal is to provide encouragement to saints and direction to sinners and seekers.





Wednesday, March 21, 2012

For my neighbors

Encouragement for my neighbors:
1.      I do encourage you as the Scriptures do, if you have an issue with someone, you go talk to that person about it.
2.      Don’t get bitter – it won’t be good for your health or your walk with God.
Prayer for you:
1.      For the parents – I pray God’s strength and peace (and wisdom) for you - see Psalm 29:11. God gives strength and peace to those who belong to Him.
2.      For the students – I pray that in the worst case scenario, you’ll be like Daniel and his friends and be faithful to Christ in the face of a crazy culture. Also see Esther 4:14.
      3.      For all of us involved – trust God: 2 Chronicles 16:9 “For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His.” And I’m sure you know Proverbs 3:5-6, but we might need to read it again.

4.      Remember the film “Facing the Giants”?: If we win, we praise Him; if we lose, we praise Him; Well, if the school closes, we praise Him; if it stays open, we praise Him. Either way, Christ deserves our praise and our trust. As the old hymn says so well: “He doeth all things well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment